Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hellooo!

Hello! Ok so I admit, every time I sit down to blog I end up working on Lonny instead!! So I apologize that it's been awhile, but I assure you it will be worth the wait come February 10th when we launch our third issue ;) Our team has been working around the clock (in fact we're all here in our new midtown office as we speak!) and we're about 27 soy lattes away from hitting publish and finally sharing our hard work with you :) Can't wait!! In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you a few side projects I've been working on, such as the new Rubie Green photography from Paris (!) which will be launching soon, as well as some fun eco-product picks from Design Milk and The Daily Obsession below.

I also recently tried my hand at styling for Vogue Bambini alongside photographer Drew Sackheim, and was thrilled to finally see the story in print in the December issue! Known for his work in kids fashion, Sackheim has been said to capture the "in-between moments, effectively bridging the gap between subject, environment and artist.” Having never worked on a shoot with children prior to this, I soon realized that these "in-between moments" are precisely the time when the best imagery is captured. Some of my favorites of Drew's work can be found here . Lastly, I recently moved into a new apartment and have been scouring every flea market and thrift shop known to mankind!! My biggest feat so far has been this vintage bamboo armoire, which had a price tag hidden deep inside of it for $2,625 from an antique shop in upstate New York, but yet it was sold to me at Housing Works here in the city for a mere $365! I physically wrapped my body around it and begged Ellie to run and grab a "sold" sticker for me (haha) and have been enjoying it ever since. Can't wait to show you more in our April "green" issue of Lonny ;)

38 comments:

Ivy Lane said...

Helllooooo!!! so glad to hear what you've been up to! You have been a busy lady for sure! Marking my calendar for the 10th and LONNY!!!

Happy Sunday!

Rachel Dangerfield said...

You've got so many exciting projects going on! Can't wait for the next issue, and those Paris photos are to die for!

Kelly Green said...

Great to hear from you and all your news - you are one busy gal!!! Can't wait for the next lonny to arrive. Roll on feb 10. Hope you are getting in plenty of r and r with all that work? Love you new find too - gotta love a bargain. KGX

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Great to see what you've got going on! So much beauty around you!! Have fun with it! xo

Tamanna

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Michelle, you are back..... how exciting! Loving Lonny and can't wait to see more :) Balancing moving, work, blogging and more work, no wonder MA Belle has been last on your list!
Keep up the good work and remember to come up for air ;).

CDS said...

Lots of great things going on! KUDOS!! Looking forward to the issue.

Unknown said...

Yay, can't wait to see the new issue! I will check out the side projects.

Porchlight Interiors said...

Hi Michelle, can't wait for the new issue of Lonny to come out! Loving your Paris pics too! Tracey xx

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

That armoire is to die for! What a find! Can't wait for the next Lonny issue---I need my fix!!! XOXO

Jessica Claire said...

such great news - I can't wait to see pics of the new apt!

otisandfrank said...

I can't wait for the new issue! So many new things for you, it must be exciting...And good find on the wardrobe, the thrill of the deal is the best part for me:)

Oliveaux said...

Cannot wait to see the latest issue of Lonny...so good to hear what you have been up to. Counting sleeps until the new issue is out! Axx

Joanne Yordanou said...

Can't wait to see the new issue!
Joanne
PS I hug furniture too!

Kirby Margaret said...

We've definetly missed you around here! but it's all in the name of online interior fashions then I think we can manage! haha... I look forward to seeing more rubie green.

ps. I love Mrs. Myers!

Alison Duffy said...

Michelle!!!!!! I had visions of you asleep on the keyboard after working so hard. You are a super woman!!! When you catch a breather we have to catch up. Can't wait for LONNY!!!!

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Can't wait for the new issue!

Mary said...

Yayyyy! I can't wait for the new issue to come out! I am also in love with that armoire. What a score!

The Goods Design said...

YAY for February Lonny!

Mango Gal said...

Can't wait to see the new issue of Lonny!

a lovely being said...

I am SO excited for the new Lonny, I can't even tell you. Two days, two days, two days!!
P.S. Congratulations on your new apartment!!

manvi @ mochatini said...

ooohh! love the look of the shoot and can hardly wait for feb 10!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,
Anxiously awaiting the next issue! So happy for you that you are keeping so busy, and doing so well! Are we getting a peak at the new place? xo

Anna/Quilted Giraffe said...

I can't wait to see the new issue tomorrow! And I'm looking forward to seeing your new apartment...I loved the photos you posted of your previous ones.

alexis said...

wow what an amazing update. your creativity is such an inspiration. I can't wait for the next issue! Your latest issue already inspired a tea party or two...

LindsB said...

Perfect timing for the snow day today...now I have something to keep me entertained all day- thank you!!

Chris said...

Serendipitous blog wandering--I just finished the latest Lonny magazine and felt a design high and here I find the blog of one of the masterminds behind it. I've been missing Domino but LOVE Lonny and the hole it has filled. It is so well laid out and just perfect. Your hard work is apparent. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

antique lover said...

just love the pics.... and starting to catch on to your blogs..!

prashant said...

Hope you are getting in plenty of r and r with all that work?
Contextual Ad Network India

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Holy woah!!! Just saw the great deal you got on that armoire!! Which is hands down my favorite item in your beautiful home. I need to come back to NYC stat and get my flea market/thrift store shopping on.

A

Sydney Lawyers said...

love those pieces all of them super comfy

Perth Lawyers said...

great post. love your blog so much. those pairs of shoes match the design so much

Family Lawyers Sydney said...

love the the first group of photo shooting.really pretty

musicm said...

Love you new find too - gotta love a bargain. KGX

PPC Advertising Network

Used Cars said...

Keep rocking.

Web Development said...

Thanks for the post. It was very interesting and meaningful.

Unknown said...

The post is really the best on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your future updates. Just saying thanks will not just be enough, for the exceptional lucidity in your writing. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. De delightful work and much success in your business dealings!

website designing company said...

Thanks for post. I keep more interesting publications. Been following blog for five days now and I should say I am beginning to like your article this site.

Furniture Rumah Terbaru said...

Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi